Thursday, May 10, 2007

Motoring.

Russ headed out early enough this morning that I didn't even hear him leave so now I'm flying solo. I hit the road around 7am and made a quick stop at the local Kalispell Napa. The TT uses some oil and I brought a spare quart but that won't last long with the mileage I'll be doing this week.
After stocking up I headed south on Hwy93 down to I-90 at Missoula. It's a nice drive around Flathead Lake but there are several towns and slowdowns in the way. Once I made it to I-90 I was able to set the autopilot and just cruise. There were some pretty good storms east of Missoula, hail and very heavy rain. My new BKM for dealing with weather is to drive faster. As I made if over the mountain passes the skies cleared and it was great driving weather. I stopped off in Bozeman around noon for lunch and gas and eventually made it all the way out to Gillette in Wyoming around 5pm. Montana is really big. I was tempted to continue on to South Dakota but I'm hoping to stop at Devil's Tower tomorrow which is about 20 miles inside of Wyoming.

Trip Stats:
700 miles
9hrs of driving
76mph average speed
26mpg
23k ft climbed
two gas stops

Totals so far:
3029 miles
90 gallons of gas

No comments: