Sunday, May 20, 2007

On the road again


Not sure if I couldn't wait to get on the road again but Saturday morning I started the return trip, although I'm still not pointed in the right direction. I spent a week in Kingston and had a great time relaxing and spending time with the family. I was even able to stick around long enough to attend my brother-in-law's graduation although I did need to head out before birthday season started. I was also able to get over to the reservoir with my sister and take some pics which I've wanted to do for awhile. Not sure she'll ever ride in my car again though :)
Today I headed west into Pennsylvania a bit and then south for North Carolina. The Pennsylvania detour was to avoid driving through New Jersey and the extra 50 miles or so was worth it. Pennsylvania was actually pretty nice and seemed more like the west side of country than the northeast. Virginia was ok but I didn't like driving without the radar detector, especially with all the very unmarked state police cars, Virginia drivers do seem to be in a hurry though and I made it through pretty quickly and without incident. North Carolina drivers were great, I think the best drivers I've seen on the east coast, and 70mph speed limits! :)
After about 700 miles I made it into Greenville and my TT ownership experience was complete, I had made it to the Modshack. Susan and Steve were kind enough to feed me and let me crash at their place for the evening. I got the full tour of the Shack and got to see multiple VTDAs in production and the MOFO manufacturing process. It's a cool bit of TT history :) Tomorrow I turn west and head for the Dragon.

Trip Stats:
670 miles
10hrs of driving
67mph average speed
30mpg
22k ft climbed
one stop for gas

No comments: