Thursday, May 3, 2007

Which six CDs would you want on a deserted island...

or on a full month road trip? I have an mp3 player wired into the car but it only has a 10GB capacity and at last count I have about 12GB of CDs. It's easy enough to weed out the CDs that I probably shouldn't have bought in the first place but there's still the question of what gets loaded into the 6-disc changer. This is the backup for when the battery dies on the mp3 player, or if road conditions don't permit the use of the mp3 player (it's not strapped down and tends to fly around under heavy cornering/braking).

I ended up with:

Quicksand - Slip/Manic Compression
This one is cheating a bit because both CDs fit on one disc. Great for hammering through twisties

Metric - Live It Out
Just recently discovered Metric and this is a fantastic CD, several great driving tunes

Tool - Lateralus
Great for making fast progress over long distances

Failure - Fantastic Planet
Probably my favorite CD, always good for cruising

Rammstein - Reise, Reise
German car needs German music

Explosions In The Sky - Those Who Tell the Truth Shall Die, Those Who Tell the Truth Shall Live Forever
Some great tracks for long distance cruising and the last track is reserved for a v-max run somewhere in Nevada

2 comments:

GoKart3 said...

Great choices John. I love teh Fantastic Planet!!!

Danielle said...

Uggg.... I racked my brain but I can't do it. There is no way I could pick 6 favorites... and this is why I have 4 CD cases busting at the seams.

lol....