Monday, May 8, 2023

Don’t let the sound of your own wheels drive you crazy

Nearly 2000 miles in now and I think my sanity is intact. Also, I can now say that I’ve stood on a corner in Winslow, Arizona but nothing particularly interesting happened. It has been a fun few days here though. The TT West event officially started today with drives to the ruins at Montezuma Castle, an attempted lunch in Sedona and finishing off the loop with a stop at the Meteor Crater. Sunday we took things a little easier with a short loop drive to the Hopi reservation to get a tour of the Walpi village which dates back to 900 ad.

Tomorrow is mostly a transit day with the group of 11 cars migrating east to Silver City, NM, by way of some of entertaining highways.

I have not kept track of driving stats over the last two days other than there’s been a lot of seat time and a lot of unhealthy fuel consumption and we’ll just forget the average speeds 😁











No comments: