Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Living gods, just a silhouette Face upon the mountain

Today was a bit boring compared to the last couple of weeks, I was in the same place for the entire day. Of course being stuck in Zion for a couple days is no great hardship, it really is beautiful here, and the park effectively wraps around the town of Springdale where I’m staying.
I figured I’d take it easier today since I have lots of time here. I ventured out to the park around 9 and did the 1.5 mile walk from the visitor center up to the Canyon Junction shuttle stop where I found that the shuttle only does return trips. So a quick ride back to where I started and then switch shuttles to go up to the Zion Lodge where I did the short walk up to the Grotto.  

That got me to about 11:30 so I did a short lunch break back to town to get a sandwich and snacks and then returned back to the park to go up to Weeping Rock. I should mention that the shuttle bus setup makes it super convenient to get around. Forget something at the hotel? No worries, grab the next bust down-park and then switch to the in-town shuttle to get back to the hotel. If you’re not too deep into the park you really don’t lose much time at all.
After Weeping Rock I wandered around down by the river for a bit before heading to the lodge for the traditional post-hike ice cream.
Tomorrow I’m thinking to start off with either the Sand Bench trail or the Kayenta trail. The Kayenta trail is now the only access to the Emerald Pools since the bridge crossing at the Lodge is closed.
Fewer pictures today since there weren’t any pics from the road and I shot a lot more with the 40D in the park.











1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting to see the different cloud s setting above the rock. Looked like some steep rock climbing.