Friday, May 5, 2023

Imagine myself in an automobile A hundred miles an hour, only me at the wheel

Ok well maybe not 100mph but speed limits did kick up to 80mph for most of the day which helped shrink the 540 mile drive. Today was the highest mileage day of the trip and was expected to be the most boring with not much scenery through eastern Idaho and the many cities on I-15 through Utah. Lots of rain throughout the day and way more traffic than yesterday.

Tomorrow the weather is supposed to start out better and I’ll be off of the interstate pretty early and headed down Hwy 89 which threads through several national parks and forests so I expect the scenery to improve. Also on the agenda are stops at the Horseshoe Bend overlook and the south rim of the Grand Canyon and whatever else looks interesting along the way.

Some pics from the road today. I was worried that leaving the Elph at home would be a mistake but the iPhone has filled the role of getting quick snapshots quite nicely.

 

Stats for the day:

540 miles
72 mph
26 mpg
7:26 drive time

No comments: