Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Sabbatical !!!

No, not a very loud sabbatical, the third sabbatical. It's been several years since I've done a proper roadtrip and I've been wanting to get back to Utah for quite some time so this seemed like a good opportunity to hit the road. The plan is for about three weeks and 4500 miles covering Oregon, Idaho, Utah, Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada and California. I'll be posting updates and some pictures here, hopefully each night if I have time.
As is tradition I have to at least start out with a clean car, even though the forecast is for rain for most of the drive out of Oregon. Hoping that stays rain and I don't get snow like has happened in past years. So then, it will be awhile before the RS is this clean again.
And since it's getting on in years I figured I should pack some tools and spares this time around. Packing many of the same tools as I had for the cross-country trip in the mk1. Spares this time around are the usual spark plugs and coilpacks and an oil pressure sensor, which seems to be this car's version of the MAF from the mk1.