Thursday, May 4, 2023

I had the radio on, I was drivin’

The day didnt start with the sun beating down but it did feel great to be back on the road. I left after the morning rush so it wasnt too bad getting through town and had light traffic all the way to Idaho. 

So many previous drives have started off this direction; the usual lunch and gas in Pendleton, first stop in Boise. Lots of familiar sights along the way that make the drive feel so much shorter. The climb up Cabbage Hill was fun as always, and the twisty bits after that, following the Grand Ronde River are always a fun spot before hitting the straighter segments of I-84. 

Tomorrow is the longest drive of the trip at 540 miles but the scenery should start to get more interesting once I am past SLC. 

Stats for today: 
432 miles
~7 hours driving
One fuel stop, averaging 28mpg on the first tank. That dropped a bit after lunch with the mountain passes and higher speeds but still better than I was expecting.

No comments: